Wednesday 18 August 2021

Gipsy Danger in 'Giants'

I had a go at doing some 'Giants' stats for Gipsy Danger yesterday, and then tried her out in a game.


I set up a two-sided fight with Gamera and Gipsy Danger teaming up against Pteradax and Gigan.


As you'd expect it quickly developed into two one-on-one fights. Gipsy Danger faced Pteradax. The flying mutant got off to a good start, but once the jaeger got going she eviscerated Pteradax.


Gamera and Gigan had been engaged in an even fight elsewhere, and neither had taken much damage but with Gipsy Danger now freed up Gigan was in trouble (Again).


In fact despite this he put up a much better fight, and inflicted some solid hits on Gipsy Danger, whilst using the jaeger as cover from the plodding Gamera.


But it couldn't last. The crew of Gipsy Danger soon got her attacks coordinated, and slowly battered Gigan into submission.


Afterwards I discovered that my build was slightly illegal, in that I had a characteristic too high (you can only have three of the five characteristics at a value of 4 or more, and I had four of them). I also realised a trait I'd put on one of the attacks wasn't really much use. So I made some small adjustments and came up with this build:

Gipsy Danger

Built/Protector

Distance 4 - Dexterity 4 - Strength 4 - Toughness 3 - Energy 2

Melee Attacks
Fist/Sword - Front, 3", 2 Wounds, Impact, Energise, Pierce
Vented Coolant - Front/Rear, 0", 2 Stress, 1 Energy, Cripple, Nullify, Uncharged

Ranged Attacks
Plasma Blaster - Front, 18", 2 Wounds, Caustic, 2 Energy

Other Abilities
Swim
Aura
Overload

The main attack is the Fist/Sword of course, which can boost its damage with Energise and use an opponent's stress to cause extra wounds via Pierce. The Coolant attack allows you to put stress on a foe. So the combination is to vent coolant and then use the fist/sword to convert that to wounds. If you are patient you can let your energy build up and boost the damage with Energise as well. 

Gipsy Danger's Toughness is not fantastic, but the fluff I've read suggests she has lots of exposed mechanics, so could be vulnerable to damage. However in the film she takes a beating and keeps coming back, so I gave her Aura, which allows her to block stress damage.

2 comments:

  1. Great game setting. Giant monster battles are still on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wonder what the availability of models is like these days. The new Monsterpocalypse ones look nice, but are fairly pricey (in Australia at least), and I don't know what the current availability of the Bandai 3" figures is these days. However there's probably interesting stuff out there on the 3D printing sites, so that may make up for it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...