Thursday 13 October 2022

Frocktober 2022 - Part 1

 And here it is! The first Frocktober post of 2022.

As regular readers know, every October I go wild with the wearing ow dresses in order to raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation as part of their Frocktober campaign. Each year my wife, daughter and I set up a fundraising team called IT HAS POCKETS and demand money with attractive menaces from people of social media.

Oh look! There's a link in that previous bit.

The hardcore Frocktober participants will wear a different outfit on each of the 31 days of October. Some even do themed challenges. If you're on Instagram or Twitter you can follow the hashtags #Frocktober2022 or simply #Frocktober and see what they're up to. My goals are more modest. Wearing a frock every day for 31 days isn't really viable for me (I simply don't have the energy, even if I do have the frocks), so once again I have set myself the challenge of at least ten frocks during the course of the month. In my previous four years of direct fund-raising I have managed over $2000 and worn over 40 different frocks. This year I will be attempting to wear frocks that I haven't worn in the previous four years. As I said; I have a lot of them.

Frock One - a bold print dress from Dangerfield was the perfect way to start this  year's fundraiser. I wore it to MOAB in Sydney.





For Frock Two I went cuter but more subdued. 



On to Frock Three, which was a retro-style cherry-print I wore for a trip up to Sydney to see a wildlife photography exhibition.




And the last one for this post - Frock Four was something nice for the office which, oddly enough, is where I wore it.



And here's that donation link again: IT HAS POCKETS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...