Wednesday 31 August 2022

52 Games - Update 4

It's time for the bi-monthly report on my 52 Games project and I have great news. I've done it! This weekend just gone I played my 52nd discrete game/set of rules when we tried out a beta-test RPG called The Score.

I went into July with five games left to play. July saw me add one more to the list when I spent a week or so playing the cycling game Flamme Rouge. But In August I knocked off another four games to nominally finish off the project.

Roughly half of the games have been miniatures rules of various kinds, which is what you'd expect give the basic theme of this blog. Most of the rest have obviously been board- or card-games of some kind, and  with there also being one RPG, one app-based game and one entry which nominally passes for a sport (Game 2 - Darts). To be fair I have made an effort to dig out various games to play in order to help the project along, and it's true that some of the games have had but a single play. But the point is that they got played, and I have dredged up a few gems from the archive, as well as tried a few games for the first time.

So that's it then isn't it? Well, no, not really. Whilst there's not quite the same drive to play new games any more, I think it's inevitable that I will play a few things by the end of teh year that I've not played up until now in 2022. So as they crop up I will add them to the list. Maybe we'll see 52 Games actually become 62 games. 

For those that are interested, this is The List.

2 comments:

  1. An impressively varied list KK. And good going on clocking up 52!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats…an impressive result! At first I thought you might struggle to find 52 games you wanted to play, but you’ve aced it 👍🏼

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...