Thursday 5 May 2022

Carcassonne

Catherine and I played Carcassonne last night - the first time we've had it out for a while. As ever we played the basic game with the Inns & Cathedrals and King & Scout expansions.

The opening stages - I am blue and Catherine is yellow. I had a nice big city on the go top right.


And the mid-game. I messed up my big city by inadvertently making the last tile a difficult one to place. Tiles that could be used to complete it came up during the latter stages of the game, but it was always Catherine that drew them. Catherine built a bunch of cities at the bottom of the map, and plonked down some farmers.


The end (with all the pieces take off, post-scoring). I'd sneaked in a few extra farmers in key positions to negate most of Catherine's efforts, and picked up a ton of points for it. Although I failed to complete my big city I still had plenty of points for other things, and picked up a victory margin of nearly 50 points.


Always a fun, and attractive game.

52 Games - Game 39

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty squiggly board - looks like a fun game was had by all.

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the effect of a two-player game, because you don't get tight cooperative builds; both players wander off and do their own thing, and simply block builds by the other side.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting! I've got a travel version that I've used at work a couple times - without the farmers, for simplicity. May have to break it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this, but Hunters and Gathers which uses the same system, has been played more. Great game and good to see it being played and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...