Saturday 25 February 2023

Polyreme

As I said in my last Galleys & Galleons post, I hadn't done a picture simply showing off the new galleys, and maybe I won't at this stage. The battle gave a pretty good idea of what they look like I think.

However when I was working on them I did have a play at making a silly polyreme to use as a flagship; something slightly over-the-top and impractical. This was a basic design I came up with and finished painting today.


It's the same basic size and structure as the quinquereme and hexareme, but with extra superstructure to make it look bigger. In Galleys & Galleons anything larger than a hexareme is considered a powerful but impractical polyreme, so this could be an octareme maybe


I quite like it as a design for a flagship, maybe, but am considering doing some rank and file ones where the hull is simply a little longer and it has three or four towers along the mid-line. But I also fancy making a double-hulled one once I can work out the best way to approach it - that would be another flagship for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...