Sunday 12 February 2023

Biremes Assembled

We had a family weekend away in Katoomba this weekend. There was enough downtime for me to put together some biremes I'd been working on for Galleys & Galleons.

Here I am, hard at work in the kitchen on the house we rented.

(It was a big house - there were seven adults and one small child)


I mostly cut out all of the components for fourteen vessels before we went, so that all I had to do was glue them together. First I stuck the hulls, prows and oar-sections together, leaving them to dry for the afternoon.


And then it was just a matter of rounding off the sterns, adding the bow and stern-posts and finally a little strip of deck trim


In addition you can see a ship with lots of towers - I was having a play with a design for an over-the-top polyreme flagship.

I'm back home now, with a pile of new ancient galleys to paint, although I'm away on an extra-long weekend next weekend, since Mrs Kobold and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...