Friday 6 March 2020

HOTT 52 - Week 10 - The Necromancer vs Geoff's Medievals

Geoff offered to play HOTT last night so that I could ensure my weekly HOTT 52 game in a week that is otherwise a bit busy. Thanks Geoff.

He then proceeded to hand me my arse on a plate. Twice.

I used my undead. He used his generic medieval figures. I took lots of pictures, which you can see below, but in both cases I defended and then got smashed by his knights. My hordes did not perform like Caesar's Tyranid hordes did last week. Mine rolled a series of 1s and 2s in combat (five consecutive combat rolls of 1 in a single bound, for example).

The first game.


I went for a surgical strike on his archers. It didn't work.


My archers did take out his flanking cavalry, though.


Geoff's archers hold off my mounted. The battle-lines get closer.


Charge ...


... and victory.




The second game. I dropped the flyer and added another rider.


I kept my knights in reserve, so I could counter-attack with them.


The riders of both sides fought on one flank, and I got the advantage with an early kill.


Geoff charged again ...


... and I rolled lots of ones. My horde line disappeared.


Geoff finished up by using his Paladin to kill my magician general.


Another massacre.


Afterwards I remembered that I wanted to try out a version of the army without the magician general, having it led by the Four Horsethem as heroes. So I'll have to try that another week.

3 comments:

  1. Great writeups. I'm still playing every week, I just haven't had a chance to write them up. Too busy doing GaryCon (and now Little Wars) related prep. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you're still playing; I was worried you'd fallen by the wayside :)

      Delete
  2. Nope! Finally fought with hordes the right way and that was an eye opener! Just been too busy. Example - tonight, spent several hours printing out all my materials for GaryCon, correcting, reprinting, "oo, I need to reformat this whole order of battle...", "naw, let's rewrite it in a different way", reprinting... no time to write blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...