Tuesday 14 January 2014

Normal Service Will Be Resumed As Soon As Possible

I've been away on holiday, but you won't have noticed because the magic of scheduled posts has kept this blog ticking away without me. We went camping, travelling through eastern Victoria and the southern part of New South Wales, taking in the Snowy River and the Koscziusko National Park. I have no major gaming related activity to report from the holiday - we played a fair bit of Fluxx (a family favourite) and some Black Box, whilst the children dabbled in Mastermind. I reread some Sherlock Holmes, something I'd been promising myself for a while now. But otherwise we went for walks, did some fishing and built campfires.

Since we got back I haven't had much chance to do any gaming activities - unpacking took most of a day, and then it was back to work - plus my PC took it upon itself to get sick, so I have temporarily lost access to most of my personal files, plus the tools I use to edit photos. Until the machine gets back from the repair-man (later this week, I hope) I won't be blogging much.

I have managed to progress the basing on my Weird WWII Americans, though, and have even managed to apply a few licks of paint to a 15mm Wood Elf army I started some years ago; they were sitting around looking lonely and I had a bit of time on my hands ...

Anyway, until normality is restored, here's a picture of me on holiday, at McKillop's Bridge on the Snowy River in Victoria.


And here's one of our camps.

Yarrangobilly Sunset

That was taken in Kosciuszko National Park in New South Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...