Sunday 7 May 2023

Hunters From The Land Down-Under

Over the past few years I've acquired a selection of Australian beasts for my Palaeo Diet games, but haven't worried about using my European hunters in games with them. I thought that it would be nice to have some Aboriginal Australian hunters to go with them, though, and a couple of moths ago I ordered some from QRF in the UK.

They arrived earlier this week and have been my most recent painting project. The QRF pack consists of 24 figures, with a mixture of weapons and the option of shields. If you follow this blog you'll know that I have an Australian Aboriginal HOTT army which uses these figures.

Here they are. Unlike the HOTT army I didn't use the shields. These are people that are hunting, not fighting. I painted all 24 figures, which gives me far more hunters than I'll ever need for a single game.


I split them into two tribes, so I can run scenarios where there are opposed groups of hunters.


Each group has the same mix of weapons - four spears, three men with clubs and four with ranged weapons (they are either using a spear-thrower or a boomerang). I also added a fire-wielder.


Here's two hunters trying to bring down a diprotodon.


And these two hunters have disturbed a megalania and have a real fight on their hands.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see new recruits volunteering 🙂. How long does it take for an order to get from UK to you, Kaptain? Is it ever a factor in which companies you choose to order from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These took 11 days from dispatch to door. But it took a month from the order being placed until QRF sent them. However I understand that they had to cast a batch before they could fulfill the order, which may have delayed things.

      I haven't ordered that many figures from the UK recently. Or, indeed, anywhere, since before this year my rate of painting was so glacial it would have been a pointless exercise. The few orders I have done (Tumbling Dice and Mike Yarrow) have both come well within within a month of ordering, which is fine by me as I'm rarely in a hurry to get things.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...