Monday 15 November 2021

South Sea Fleets

I finished off the new additions to my South Sea Islander forces for Galleys & Galleons over the weekend - six catamarans and six groups of canoes, as described in my previous post.

I did them with two subtly different colour schemes so that they can fight each other if required. Yellow bows on the left and black bows on the right.


In addition I made the catamarans on the one side all single-masted. I'm not sure about the sails on the tow furthest and may redo them at some stage. The advantage of these simple scratchbuilds is that stuff like that is easy; I'm only dealing with card, paper and PVA.


Here they are with one of my medium galleons for scale.


One small issue is that since I last did any prints of the sea-texture I use for the bases, we have a acquired a new printer, replacing our old inkjet with a colour laser printer. And the colour reproduction of this new printer is a lot better, as you can see from the brighter bases of the new models compared to the four older ones.

I didn't make any more outriggers (as shown in the last post), but may do that as my next project.

4 comments:

  1. They do look good! Inexpensive, quick, and playable. I did wonder how you got your sea-going bases looking the way they do. Didn't even cross my mind they were printed. Can you tell me the source? Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one of my own photos, and edited the texture in Photoshop. I just print it out as required, glue it to the card and then trim as necessary. You can see the original texture here:

      https://hordesofthethings.blogspot.com/2020/05/galley-progress.html

      Delete
  2. Clever ! A good way to explore and usual theme.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...