Wednesday 26 February 2014

Time Warp

Catherine and I went away for a few days last weekend, what with it being our wedding anniversary and everything. We headed down the coast, and had a night in a B&B at Milton, followed by a couple of days camping in the Meroo National Park. This is because I know how to show a girl a good time.

Anyway, we spent a lot of Thursday afternoon poking around the small township of Milton. One shop sold toys, theatrical costumes and fishing gear (really), and tucked away on a shelf were these:


Look at the date on those issues of 'Different Worlds':


If I thought those things were undiscovered treasure, worth a fortune if touted on eBay, I'd nip back down to Milton and snap them up. Then spend the money on a rather nice retro frock I saw in another shop there, the expense of which I couldn't quite justify ...

In other news, I tried some proper basing on one stand of my Swedes. Specifically that of Charles XII himself. Came out pretty well, I thought:


5 comments:

  1. I love collecting anything from the gaming past, as long as it's affordable. Problem is finding places where a bargain can be found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the two supplements are priced at $3.95 each.

      Delete
  2. I would put a brown wash over the green on the base. To my eyes, it looks a bit TOO green for the figures. It may just be the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a bright green flock, but the figures are also done in quite bold colours, so it may work. I'll see once I do a full unit or two.

      Delete
  3. Wow, the C&S Sourcebook 2! I still have mine and it's still one of my favorite gaming books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...