Wednesday 11 January 2023

New Gladiators

My 'Do A Little Bit Of Painting Every Day' resolution has paid off, in that I put in a burst of effort over the past couple of days and completed some Crusader gladiators that had been undercoated and had a couple of basic layers applied to them some eighteen months ago, and had sat incomplete since then.

Here they are, in all their glory. The first batch is a velite, sagittarius and a couple of hoplomachus. I especially like that latter; whilst I have a few gladiators with long spears, I didn't have any that looked like a proper hoplomachus. Crusaders are very nice indeed, and I'm very pleased to have them in my collection.

Their names are Xerxes, Velox, Verus and Prudes.


The second batch are a thraex, and some more heavies. I have plenty of these already, but you can never have too many.

From left to right they are Tetraites, Atrox, Grumio and Bellerefons


You can expect to see them taking their first steps into the arena soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...