Wednesday 2 August 2023

StreetSoccer

Wednesday evening has now become the evening when we actually make an effort to have a meal at the dining table like civilised people; even if it's just the two of us which, these days, it generally is.

After eating we get out a boardgame. This week it was my choice, so since Australia and New Zealand are currently hosting the Women's Football World Cup, and Australia is doing surprisingly well, I thought we'd play a couple of games of StreetSoccer.

Here's the ten players, all set up and ready to go for 25 minutes of non-stop action! I'm the orange team and Catherine is the blue


I opened well getting the ball up to my striker (or the player currently acting as one, since the only role enforced on any of the pieces is goalie).


And then Catherine got it right back down into my half. Back and forth the ball went for ten minutes or so. Then Catherine got possession and ...


... GOAL!


Over halfway into the game and I was 1-0 down. I got the ball up to Spanola, who failed to score what was an open goal.


But a couple of minutes later, with Catherine's goalie halfway down the pitch for some reason, Spanola scored the equaliser.


Yuvitch came up in support, and between them they scored another two goals.


As time ran out I was 3-1 up and there was no way Blue was coming back from that.


The second game started in front of an unenthusiastic crowd.


An early goal for Catherine.


And another as, despite three of my players crowding the goal, one of her players chipped the ball past them.


By halfway through the game I was 3-0 down. This time it was v.d. Luig and Yuvitch who were the heroes of the Orange team, scoring two great goals in the last eight minutes or so. They had one final run in the dying couple of minutes of the match, but failed to complete it. Catherine cleared the ball down the pitch as the match ended in a 3-2 victory for her.

One game each was a good point to end it, especially with the aggregate scores being so close.

In terms of miniature wargaming, I haven't done much in the past week, but I have repaired and rejigged a couple of cars for Gaslands, and started on a small modelling project for Galleys and Galleons, so my time has been well-spent.

1 comment:

  1. …well, at least there was no pitch invasion for the stewards to deal with 😎. I was anticipating ‘cat on the pitch’ photo to follow…🙈.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...