Thursday 6 August 2020

Spandaus On A Thursday

There was some discussion on our club's Facebook page about wearing masks at our meetings. Most people seemed to be in favour of it. Looks like I was the only one to follow through. 

Anyway, it was the debut of this bold purple one which my daughter made for me yesterday.
Leaving aside the masks, Geoff and I played a couple of games of 'Spandau and Lewis'. The first was the Louis Strange scenario I put together last week, where an Avro 504 with  lashed-up machine gun takes on a rifle-armed German two-seater. I played the RFC and Geoff the German.
Geoff brough his Aviatik in on the target as I managed to get in a couple of shots. He chose to hold off on taking the photo he needed in order to evade and get a few shots back.
The German plan was to loop back over the village and take the photo on the run for home. I brought the Avro round as quickly as I could to line up a shot as the Germans were preoccupied.
I inflicted damage on Geoff's plane, but couldn't turn back fast enough to move in for a third attack as he left the area of the target.
Geoff flew at top speed for his baseline, and I managed one last burst before he fled to safety. It score no damage, and the Germans escaped with their photo.
The second game was my Australians Over Sinai scenario, with an AFC Martinsyde and BE2 taking on two Fokker EIIIs in order to cover the escape of some BE2 bombers.
A head-on pass saw the Martinsyde inflict some damage on one of the EIIIs
As the EIII and Martinsyde passed, the BE2 took a shot as well, but failed to score any hits.
The Martinsyde turned slowly back into the fight, whilst the EIIIs turned sharply onto the tail of the BE2. A single burst from the damaged EIII disabled its engine, forcing it to land in enemy territory.
With an Australian plane down,  all the EIIs had to do for a win was exit one plane off the Australian edge to chase the bombers. This they did with ease, as Geoff was unable to steer the lumbering Martinsyde around in time.
There were three other game on the go this evening. Caesar and Daniel played Lasalle 2.
Peter and Dave also played Lasalle 2.
And Bryan and Colin played Flames of War.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...