Friday 14 August 2020

Lasalle

I didn't have a game organised at the club last night, but popped down for the important social interaction that's keeping me sane at the moment.

This week two of us chose to mask up. I debuted this beauty, made for me by my daughter.


There were three games on the go - two playtest games of Lasalle 2.0 and one of Flames of War.

Dave and Daniel played Lasalle. I can't remember what armies were in use.


Colin and Bryan avoided being photographed, but here's their Flames of War game.


And this is Peter and Caesar's Lasalle game - Peter ran Austrians, whilst Caesar used and early Russian army because he wanted to try something with linear tactics.


Caesar went for a lot of infantry in one huge brigade.


Linear tactics.


It was a close game, and I've forgotten who one. Both armies were one unit away from breaking, and it ended with a fierce exchange of musketry and a bayonet charge as the decider.

It was an enjoyable game to watch, and even as someone who hasn't read the rules I could pick up the flow of the game; it has a quite interesting command and control system with initiative flicking back and forth between the players. It also provides a nice-looking game that can be played to a finish within an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...