Saturday 10 August 2019

As Seen On TV


Look! That's me on the telly!

The video of my two minutes of very minor fame back in about 1999 - an appearance on the 'Front Room' magazine programme on the (now defunct) BBC Knowledge channel. I talked about wargaming and my website, and the slot had some very nice shots of my American Civil War figures as a friend and I refought the 1861 Battle of Wilson's Creek.

I was slimmer in those days.

(The video was some kind of rough draft the BBC sent me - hence the time-code along the bottom. The photo was taken in 2006 for a Flickr challenge I used to do in those far-off innocent days.)

Thanks to Jolly Broom Man for triggering this memory.

3 comments:

  1. 15 minutes of glory !? , you never see wargaming on TV nowadays (with the modern media just as well perhaps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were all a lot slimmer back then matey...but you've still got your hair. Are you playing that on an actual video recorder by the way? If so its good to know that at least one avoided the dreaded Chinese landfill. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo of me pointing at the video was taken back in 2006 or 2007. But I think we still have the video cassette and we do still have a device capable of playing it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...