Tuesday 16 October 2018

Frocktober 2018 - Part Two

And so the annual Frocktober charity fund-raiser continues. Every year I don dresses in October to raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation to do research into detection of, and a cure for, this hideous disease. This year I have set myself the target of at least ten different frocks during the month.

This will be a long post with virtually no gaming-related material. So rather than make you read to the end if that's not your thing, here's the link to my donations page: IT HAS POCKETS

This is Frock Four. It's by Laura Ashley. I have quite a soft-spot for Laura Ashley; they were very 'in' when I was an impressionable teen in the back in the 1970s and I vowed that if I ever ended up with a wardrobe of my own, it would feature some of their outfits. I have four.



Maya and Catherine popped on frocks on the same day.





This bout of frock-wearing saw our team reach the very modest donation goal I set for it. Given that we're not even halfway through the month, this was fantastic, and we'd like to than everyone who has donated so far. The team page allows us to increase our goal, however. So we did.

Frock five is actually two frocks, since I wore one outfit to a couple of art shows we went to, and then another in the evening for a birthday party. This is my art show look:



Catherine went for something less flouncy, and warmer. The weather didn't oblige and was lovely and warm.


The high point of the day was meeting Dr Susan Hayes, the facial reconstruction anthropologist who worked on Homo floresiensis (the famous 'Hobbit').


The 'party look', and my friend Diane.



Given I run a gaming blog I was criminally negligent in taking photos of the boardgames we played (for it was that kind of party), but I did get this one of us playing Rhino Hero.


And so, finally, the last of this particular batch. Frock Six. A bit dressy for work, but sometimes you have to Go Big or Go Home.


Finally, that donations link again: IT HAS POCKETS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...