Sunday 16 September 2018

Return To The Mad Max Museum

In a previous post I promised a post about our return to the Mad Max II Museum in Silverton, NSW. And here it is.

We first visited this museum nearly three years ago whilst on holiday in the Broken Hill area. Since then the owners have expanded the collection and reorganised the display, so I thought it would be worth another trip.

So here's the sign telling you where to go. Although, to be honest, the museum is rather obvious on top of a hill.

Inside hasn't changed. The main part is a room full of memorabilia and ephemera, mostly concerned with Mad Max II, but now with some Fury Road stuff too. You can't take photos in that bit, so the only way to see the incredible collection of costume bits, props and production photos is to visit the museum.

Outside, however, are the vehicles, both actual and replicas. You can take photos of those. And here they are.


Anyone playing car-combat games wants a model V8 Interceptor, so I thought a few pictures of the extra fuel-tanks at the rear wouldn't go amiss for reference purposes.




To be honest blogger has mixed up the photos. I'm assuming that if you know the film you'll recognise the vehicles. And if you have any questions put them in the comments.










I rather like the idea of doing a car like this, with the bat design on the bonnet.










This is the original bus from the film, used as the gate to the refinery compound.


And this is the original gyrocopter from the film.





Catherine and I both posed with Mel Gibson, who was as wooden and two-dimensional as you'd expect.




I hope you found the pictures of use and/or interest.

3 comments:

  1. Cool, I wish I could visit one day. Great pics and lots of use, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pix, I do not know this existed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome museum... thank you for this nice pictures report and for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...