Thursday 10 February 2022

Blood, Sweat & Cheers

Last night I had my first face to face game with someone outside of the family since October when Victor came down from Sydney for the evening. We played Blood, Sweat & Cheers, since he had only had a go at the playtest version, ages ago.

We used the arena I made last year. Obviously.


We started with a classic bout - thracian vs murmillo. The first game ended very quickly with the thracian scoring a killing blow with a wicked slash.


We set it up and played it again, and this was a much more even fight. I think the murmillo won this time.


Next up we tried a lighter gladiator, so Victor took a velite against my secutor.


I can't remember who won that one. It was an interesting and mobile fight though, since both gladiators have movement-based abilities, and the velite a decent speed.

Finally Victor took a barbarian (run as a murmillo with more speed and less armour) against a hoplomachus.


I got in an early hit with a thrown spear, but Victor came back and injured me in return. We this game ran for a long while with neither gladiator able to finish off the other, despite both being wounded. Just as we were looking to end it and call it a draw, the barbarian struck a finishing blow.


We both picked up a couple of wins, as I recall, which was good, and also discussed some possible alternative abilities for the barbarian gladiators, which I will ponder and explore at a later date.

2 comments:

  1. They are a fun set of rules. It would be good to have stats for a crazy barbarian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying the Lollystick arena - simple and effective!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...