Wednesday 19 February 2020

Bards and Berserkers.

A couple of weeks ago I painted a few more characters for my BattleSworn Elf and Dwarf warbands.


For the Elves I did a sorcerer and a bard. I'm not sure of the origin of the sorcerer figure; I got him in a big box of assorted GW figures, so I'm guessing that's what he is, but he's a one-piece plastic figure and looks like he came from a boardgame. The bard is a Reaper Bones figure. She's actually a human, but since my BattleSworn warbands are pitched at GW Middle Earth figures in terms of size, she's very tall in comparison to most of them, so I made her an elf instead.



The Dwarves have also acquired a bard, as well as a berserker. The former is a Reaper Bones gnome, whilst the latter is another GW plastic figure.


I took these pictures before I did their bases.


We've also acquired yet another cat. To be fair we've lost one too - our daughter finally moved into a place that allowed animals, so took Gypsy Danger away. That left us reduced to three cats, so we got a new one. And here he is. He's about two to three months old and he's called Mr Wednesday.


The name was the winner in a neck-and-neck poll run on Twitter and Facebook. We name all of our animals after characters from film, TV and comics, with the rule that each 'franchise' can only be used once*. Mr Wednesday (American Gods) won out over Raymond (Brooklyn Nine-Nine).


* My wife cheated with our two most recent goldfish, by naming them Elfo and Luci.

6 comments:

  1. Hello there Kaptain,

    You are indeed correct about the Sorcerer figure - he is from the Heroquest game but now looks suitably dapper in his new finery.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Wednesday looks like a real character. Hope he fits in with the others okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's fitting in really well. Miller and Aloy are both fairly young still (Miller's not quite 2 and Aloy is less than a year old), so they enjoy the company of something that just wants to play most of the time. Pandora (aged 12) just ensures all three keep their distance from her.

      Delete
  3. Great figures.

    Hello Mr Wednesday, I hope he is settling in ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. Mr Wednesday is one handsome cat. I LOVE black cats. Ours is a real character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a black cat. And we wanted a fluffy one as well. Two weeks after setting the criteria, our local RSPCA had one on their site. So we picked him up that day.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...