Friday 24 January 2020

HOTT 52 - Week 4 - Dwarves vs Elves

For this weeks HOTT 52 game I switched to 25mm, and played against Geoff. We had two games. I used my Dwarves in both, whilst he used Dark Elves in the first and High Elves in the second.

Geoff defended in the first game. Both our armies had a core of blades with some shooters. Geoff's were supported by warband and a hero, with a magician general. I had artillery and a hero.


Initial approaches.




On the flank I lost a a shooter, which opened up a gap in my line, exposing my artillery. Geoff charged the gun with his archers and destroyed it.


This allowed Geoff to roll up my line. My blades put up a great fight against their opposite numbers, but blade vs blade is always a hard slog, and I had no way of exploiting any advantages I gained.


Geoff polished off enough of my elements to get a win. He lost nothing.


In the second game Geoff switched to High Elves; lots of spears and shooters, some knight chariots and a hero. I swapped my artillery and an accompanying lurker, for a couple of knights (the dwarves with the spiked rollers)


Our respective heroes and the knights fought each other on my right, and I gained the upper hand, destroying both chariots.


Leaving the knights to keep the Elven hero amused I turned my hero on the flank of their spear line, and attacked with the blades.


The Dwarven crossbows were outnumbered two to one by Elven archers, but put up a great fight. mostly due to the Elves attacking in a rather scattered formation, preventing them from concentrating their fire. The Dwarves even scored a kill.


The spears were driven back, and one element was lost on the flank.


The Dwarven rollers squished the Elf hero to give the Dwarves a win.


One game each seemed a fair way to end the evening.

4 comments:

  1. Looks fun, but squishing an elf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very enjoyable battle report. The dark elf on the horse is beautiful. I like the blue christals on his base. It's the hero I suppose?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...