Wednesday 29 July 2015

The First Bike

I have started painting some of my Ramshackle resin bikes this week (in parallel with bits for a HOTT army, which is why nothing is progressing fast; trying to do two projects at once). Anyway, after a couple of initial steps - white drybrush undercoat on the dark grey resin, followed by a brown undercoat, then a base colour for the bike - I decided to fast-track one of the bikes and see how they'd finish up.

Here it is:


I'll be giving it a dry-brush with some browns to add dust and dirt - how much I do will depend on my mood; it's always a balance between the thing looking weathered and covering up detail and colour.


I also have to decide what to do about the base.


Here's the bike with a car. As Catherine pointed out, the figure is in scale, but the bike itself seems a bit small - the others are on much the same scale. The base does help increase the bike's presence next to the vehicle, however.


4 comments:

  1. The bikes do look a bit undersized. Or maybe the right size, but the type used by airborne troops in WW2.

    Nice painting on the bike :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bike is small. And they all seem to be that size as well, although a couple have sidecars or are trikes with pillion passengers, so have extra 'heft'. A few Harleys or similar would have been nice.

      Still, I shall see how they look in actual play. I'm quite pleased with how this first one has turned out.

      Delete
    2. It is really hard to get the size of these right! The riders are made to be correctly in scale with the size of the cars. That is, an average man is about 20mm tall. However, the cars (especially hotwheels) are HUGE vehicles, so the bikes do look a bit small. I have a bunch of drivers and crew that I am working on at the moment.

      Delete
    3. It has to be said that Hot Wheels vary wildly in scale; the more vehicles I compare the bikes to the more matches I'm funding.

      Drivers/crew for Hot Wheels would be great - you'd just have to repeat them in 15mm, 20mm and 25mm :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...