Thursday 16 October 2014

The Mystery Man Plays HOTT

Once again I found myself playing a HOTT Wars of the Roses game tonight, although smaller than last week's, at only 24AP


This was because I was teaching someone to play.  Someone who regards a HOTT army as roughly equivalent to a small unit in the games he normally likes to play.

I have agreed to protect this mystery player's anonymity, so have put one of those black bars across Ralph's eyes so you can't identify him.


We had two nearly identical armies. The Mystery Player charged his Knights in early, and broke through my mercenary pikemen.


In the middle we had the obligatory hacking match between billmen and men at arms.


I drove the enemy general back towards his baseline, but his mounted archers came to the rescue, and it was my general who was cut down, giving the Mystery Player the victory.


On the other table Peter and Geoff tried out Impetus for the first time.


They used lots of dice to keep track of stuff.


There was also a game of Wings of War (or Glory) using 1/72nd scale planes.



3 comments:

  1. When will Gamer X's memoirs be published????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done to the mystery player for his victory! Hilarious photo and great report. Nice to see a variety of good games being played.

      Delete
  2. Yes thanks for the long awaited introduction to HOTT Alan, even if you did let me win! Very enjoyable, and an elegant gaming system. I am looking forward to Peter's larger WOTR games soon...although I doubt the dice will be so kind to me next time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...