Wednesday 31 January 2024

Epic Duels

Catherine and I played Star Wars: Epic Duels this evening; first time we've had it out in years*.

Catherine decided to be the good guys, and stuck to Luke and Leia for all three games. I was the dark Side, but tried a different character in each duel. In the first I drew Darth Maul.


Darth Maul is all Attack, Attack, Attack - he has some cards which don't count as attack actions so can really pile on the damage if the opponent can't defend against it. That's how I started, and I had Luke down to half of his hits in no time.


I backed off to replenish my hand.


Leia shot down one of my supporting Battledroids, although to be fair they're really just speed-bumps at the best of times.


With a fresh hand of cards I went up against Luke again ...


... and finished him off.


We switched to a different board for the second game and I ran Jango Fett and Zam Wessel. They are non-Jedi and have lots of shooty abilities.


So I did lots of shooty stuff. Jango has lots of special cards reflecting the various weapons in his armour, and I tried them all.


The wrist-cables finished off Leia, but also cost Luke all of his actions for the following turn.


That gave me chance to replenish my hand and finish Luke off with missiles and an aerial attack which took me from one side of the board to the other.


In the final duel I played Count Dooku, assisted by some Super battledroids.


Luke took on the droids, and damaged one.


Count Dooku duffed up Leia a bit, then he and his droids made a rapid retreat so that he could build up more cards.


Luke went of the offensive and scored a few decent hits on Dooku. But Dooku fought back, seriously injured Luke ...


... and a battledroid finished him off to give me my third victory.


It's a long while since Catherine had played this game, and she didn't really know how to make use if the Luke/Leia deck. To be honest I'm not sure I know either (and I did volunteer to give it a try, but she persisted).

It's a fun game, though, with each character having a style all their own.

*2016 in fact. You can read about it HERE


1 comment:

  1. Classic game and one that is great for a bit of filler or a whole evening depending on the players. Going 3/3 is pretty good, as long as Catherine is willing to play again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...