Wednesday 10 July 2019

Bargain Books

Wollongong's newest second-hand bookshop has an excellent and eclectic selection of book, but it's small, so the group that runs it has made certain decisions about the types of books they want on their limited shelf-space and the types they don't. The latter categories includes children's books (which they reckon they've not sold a singe one of since they opened), cookbooks (ditto) and most military history. So any donations they get in these categories get put in a shelf near the doorway, or a box outside the shop, and you can have them for free, or pay what you want.

This cost me $2.50, and I got a coffee out of that as well (they do coffee too).


I got a history of the Eureka Stockade for free the other week. So on the whole I'm a big fan of their selection policy.

(For the record I've also bought a few books on mythology and folk-tales from their regular shelves. And lots more coffee.)


1 comment:

  1. Nice find! And it reminds me that I haven't been to the local second-hand book shop lately.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...