Wednesday 14 June 2017

Forgotten Heroes - Slaymaster - Part 7

Slaymaster is complete!


I won't go through the tedious painting process in detail; It was mostly block colour and dry-brushing, with a thin ink wash into some of the recesses to pick out detail.


In the comics it's unclear what colour hair he has. It looks black, but is sometimes coloured with a little bit of brown, which may just be artistic highlighting. I opted to paint it black and give it a token brown dry-brush.


It was no trouble at all to use a fresh, sharp and sturdy scalpel blade to remove the figure from its original Heroclix base. I then glued him to a clear perspex base from Aetherworks.


Here he is in comparison to the original Daredevil figure. Yes; I had a duplicate; that's why I used the figure for the conversion in the first place. 




On the whole I'm very pleased with how Slaymaster has turned out, given that I wasn't sure I'd be able to deal with one or two of the technical or modelling issues involved. Once again, making things up as I went along stood me in good stead.

Here's all of the posts covering this conversion:


Old foes fight once again!





And finally, here he is with my Forgotten Heroes entries from last year (including the Marvel Girl I did as a practice run). From left to right: Captain UK, Marvel Girl, Slaymaster, Jenny Everywhere


Thanks to everyone who's followed this project over the past week or so. I'm not sure I will start a new figure this month, but I do have one I started and half-completed earlier in the year, so I will probably finish that off just to stay in the game.

6 comments:

  1. That's pretty terrific! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done that man, nailed it! Great to see it with the original version and the other miniatures, a fabulous project all round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, great work captin!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting has really brought him all together, a fine piece of work Alan, well done.

    Cheers Roger (re-posted to the FH site)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be pleased...that's a terrific conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely superb, Alan. Really captures the feel of the character. Now I want one too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...