Friday 9 June 2017

Forgotten Heroes - Slaymaster - Part 2

Nine days into Forgotten Heroes 2017, and my progress on converting Daredevil into Captain Britain's arch-enemy, Slaymaster, has been slow. I have trimmed the excess bits off the figure, although I suspect I'll find some more work for the sharp knife once I put an undercoat on the figure and can see it better.


I did notice that the pose of the figure would cause some awkward problems later. The way the head is turned means that it will not only be tricky to fit the crossbelts over one of the shoulders, but also quite hard to put on Slaymaster's trademark beard.

So I cut off the figure's head ...


... and then reattached it facing in a more usable way. I re-positioned it slightly after taking the photo; it looks better in reality than it does in the picture. The gaps in the neck can be filled in with milliput, but Slaymaster has long hair as well, so some of them will be covered up.


The next stage is to fit him with some additional belts for his weapons and equipment.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds as if it is all coming together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't I see him with Elmo and Lord Bucket guy at GE2017 last night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a source of some amazement how the Rest Of The World seems unaware of the kind of eccentrics who stand in our elections and are treating people syuch as Lord Buckethead and Elmo as something new :)

      Delete
  3. A good choice of base figure, Alan, even though he did require some adjusting. Once completed, will he get an outing against Captain Britain? Or Captain UK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly one of them, if not both, but maybe with a friend in that case.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...