Sunday, 11 June 2017

Forgotten Heroes - Slaymaster - Part 4

This afternoon I set about doing Slaymaster's hair, including his distinctive beard.

First of all I lopped off the top of his head, since it's easy to replace with a blob of milliput which can then be worked into the hair itself. I've found working a thin layer of milliput over a 'complete' head to be more difficult.

If you look closely, you can see that I drilled a very small piece of wire into his chine. I reasoned that giving the beard a little support wouldn't hurt and, if I couldn't mould one with the putty, the wire itself would do at a pinch (and with a creative paint-job).

Here's the hair and beard completed. I added more hair than I needed, and then carefully removed bits until it looked right. I think there's still more hair than the figure needs, but it looks good, so I'm going to leave it for now.

The trickiest part was getting the look of Slaymaster's widow's peak. I'm not sure if I've really managed it, but I'll get a better idea when the figure is undercoated, and can make minor adjustments then if need be. The beard worked out fine.

Something was missing. The moustache. I had planned to just paint it on, but decided that there was no harm in modelling one. Aside from the fact that it was very fiddly work indeed. Again, if it doesn't work out I can correct it later.

The next stage is to add the claw weapon he used in the Denmark Street fight, and possibly add something to the other arm. And then the modelling stage will be complete/


  1. Well done Captain, that looks superb!

  2. Great stuff Alan, it all looks to be going well, though I can sympathise with you over the moustache, they are a pain to do, I have one myself to add this week!

    Re-posted to the FH site by the way.

    Cheers Roger.

  3. He's certainly startimg to look more Slaymaster-ish, Alan, so very good work!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...