Monday 26 June 2017

Forgotten Heroes - Jessica Jones

In terms of the Forgotten Heroes project this is a little bit of a cheat, since I actually started this figure back in February. But it had sat at a very early stage of progress for months, and I decided to finish it as my second figure for the challenge. I think I'm allowed, since I've already done one original figure this month.

Jessica Jones (played by Krysten Ritter) is a cynical, hard-bitten New York private investigator, who also happens to have super-strength. As the series progresses we learn that she has a traumatic past, linked to a particularly powerful, deadly and amoral superbeing, Kilgrave, played by David Tennant.

I'm only familiar with the Jessica Jones from the TV series; here appearance in comics was well after my time. So this is the look I was basing it on:


A pretty straightforward look, really.

As a base figure I used the 3D-printed Alexandra Pryce figure I used for Jenny Everywhere last year, although I used the 28mm version this time.


I didn't get any pictures of the initial work I did on the figure, but it involved:

(i) Trimming off all of the sci-fi clothing detail.
(ii) Cutting off her bun.
(iii) Using milliput to make a jacket, boots and some new hair

All straightforward stuff.

The finished result was this:


The painting was easy. I chose not to remove the figure from its original base, and mount it on clear perspex, because of the work I'd had to do on her boots. I also trimmed back her hair to giver her a higher forehead.

Here's the finished Jessica.



I'm pretty happy with how she has turned out, although with hindsight I would have liked to have modelled her scarf as well, so the figure fitted my cosplay for Supanova. There's still scope for giving her a camera as well.

But that's me done with Forgotten Heroes for 2017. See you all next year.



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness me, that's superb! What a wonderful transformation from 3D print to finished Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these 3D print conversions, what a great cheap (well if you don't count the cost of the printer!) way to get conversion dollies, and great to see you turning out another miniature version of one of your "convention alter ego's" again. A simple conversion it might have been, but you have carried it off with great aplomb sir!

    Glad to hear you'll be back next year, please check out the other entries (and of course this and your other posts comments, over at the FH site). Many thanks again for joining us, all the Best Alan.

    https://forgottenheroessite.wordpress.com/

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Alan. Really captured the look and feel of the character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh shoot, nice work. She's one of my wife's favorite superhero type characters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...