Saturday 25 June 2016

Forgotten Heroes - Jenny Everywhere - Part 4

The painting of Jenny Everywhere is completed.



I confess to a small conceit; the outfit is based on one of mine, except I gave Jenny a sturdy jacket rather than the cardigan. And she has the scarf and goggles, of course:


Of course it now means that I can cosplay as one of my own figures.

I wasn't sure what to do about her right hand. She appears to be holding a small device of some kind, which didn't become apparent until she was mostly painted. I did consider converting it to something else - specifically a slice of toast, as a love of toast is one of the character's defining features apparently - but I discovered that the had is a little too fragile for even the small amount of cutting and filing such a change would entail at this stage. Yes, her arm fell off, and had to be glued back on.

In the end I just painted the small device in silver and left it at that. It can be whatever you want it to be.

I spray varnished her, and then chopped her off her base. As you can see the base is hollow; whilst you can opt to print a figure such that it is entirely solid, generally it's not worth the effort. In this case it was a double-edged sword, as the figure's being hollow is what made the arm difficult to modify, but it also meant that removing the base was a doddle.


And here she is glued to her perspex base.


Jenny Everywhere - Completed


So that's me done for Forgotten Heroes, since I can't seem myself doing another figure in the five days which remain of this month. Thank you to all those who have encouraged me and said nice things about my efforts. As I said at the outset, painting and modelling aren't my thing at all, and I prefer gaming to actually generating the toys and scenery. But I have enjoyed putting these two figures together, and will almost certainly give it another go next year, if only because there was a completely stupid idea I had for this year which I'd love to implement.

Forgotten Heroes 2016 - Captain UK and Jenny Everywhere


"The character of Jenny Everywhere is available for use by anyone, with only one condition: This paragraph must be included in any publication involving Jenny Everywhere, that others might use this property as they wish. All rights reversed."

6 comments:

  1. I don't see how you can say that modelling is not your thing and then turn out two smashing figures like you have done here. It's been a pleasure having you on board for this bit of fun, so far everyone seems to be up for next year, so it looks like that will be a date then.

    Can I make just one request could you take a picture of your favourite figure of the two against a white background(like a piece of white paper)? I'm going to ask all the entrants to do this as I have an idea for another page header for the FH site.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting and modelling are not my thing in that I don't enjoy doing them. I regard them as a necessary evil, required to give me toys to actually play games with.

      But I'll be back next year :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and E-mail it to me at…

    wsd50@yahoo.co.uk

    Cheers Roger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Kaptain. Now that she's fully painted, Jenny Everywhere is looking very good. Ideal for a pulp heroine too.
    I'm glad you enjoyed our little diversion and as Roger has said, it will be returning next year - which gives me plenty of time to plan the next batch...decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stuff mate. It must be quite satisfying to bring a character to life like that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...