Tuesday 7 June 2016

Forgotten Heroes - Captain UK - Part 4

I have made more progress on my Captain UK conversion for Forgotten Heroes.

Her left arm hardened enough that I was able to smooth it down and shape it a little better. I then added the cuffs of her gloves by glueing thin strips of paper around her wrists. I then made a paper mask and, after cutting off the top of her head (WHAT??) fixed it into place and coated it with glue to give it some solidity. When it's dry I will poke out some eyeholes.


And, yes, I really did cut off the top of her head. It struck me that her hair would be easier to apply as a blob of milliput rather than a thin layer over the top of Catwoman's rather rounded dome.

I thought I might redo the mask as I didn't think the angle of the point was quite right, but I decided to wait until I'd done the hair.

And here she is with hair:




Possibly the hair is slightly bigger than it needs to be, but to my mind it's the most distinctive feature of her look, so I want it to stand out just a little.

Once the hair has set she's ready for her undercoat. Then I can start the tricky job of painting.


1 comment:

  1. Predictive text messed up my previous comment...
    Very nice work, Kaptain. The likeness is spot on. Once it's painted, I think it will be impossible to tell that the left arm was not part of the original figure. And you're progressing faster than the rest of us too...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...