Wednesday 22 June 2016

Forgotten Heroes - Jenny Everywhere - Part 3

Here's Jenny Everywhere with an undercoat. It very nicely brings together all of the plastic and putty into a whole; I'm pleased with the result.


Well, fairly pleased. Putting her next to some Heroclix figures I can see my choice of base figure was less inspired than I thought. Whilst she is about right in terms of height, the fact that she was scaled up from an 18mm figure has left her with a head that's bigger than those of a Heroclix. Maybe when she's painted it will be less obvious though.


If you look closely at the rear-view above you can see that the back of her skirt and one of her legs looks wet. That's some wood glue drying, since there were still a few rough patches needed smoothing out.

And so to the painting and the initial blocks of colour. Blue dress, yellow tights and a brown jacket matched with the shoes. 



She's looking good so far. More painting - indeed the rest of the painting - in the next part.

4 comments:

  1. What a transformation! I love how this has come together, really impressive sculpting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your quick! I've copied this and your last post over to the FH site. Great sculpting and fig by the way.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll admit that whilst I was interested in the subject matter and curious about the 3D printing, I was not particularly enamoured of the base figure. However, your progress has certainly turned this around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked the figure because she had a fairly boring pose and, more importantly, little in the way of accouterments.

      My daughter said she liked the figure because, stood next to Clix figures, she has a 'non-traditional' body shape :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...