Last night I started work on my first tooled-up racer for the post-apocalypse world of Machinas.
Here's the car. I could look underneath and tell you what it is, I suppose, but otherwise I have no idea; to me all cars look the same.
I gave the surface a rub-down with an emery board and fine sand-paper, partially to give it a damaged look and partially to help paint stick to it.
I then added armour, spikes and grilles, made from card, matchsticks, cocktail sticks and the mesh from a frying-pan splatter guard.
I undercoated in brown. There's more undercoat on the car than it seems; the original grey still shows through in the light I was using to take the picture.
A first coat of red is the point I have now got to. The differential undercoat, initial sanding and even residual crap from handling the car whilst putting the accessories on have all helped to keep the paint-job suitable tatty.
I shall do some more work on it this afternoon.