Saturday 6 October 2012

MOAB Loot

So I went to a major Aussie wargames show and, aside from some great HOTT memories, what did I come away with?

Well, the answer is 'not much'. I'm not feeling that inspired in terms of projects at the moment, and my finances are such that arbitrary purchases 'just in case' are not something I really want to consider. I ended up getting just a  few odds and ends, mostly from the bring and buy.

So here's my haul:


Two DVDs - 'Aliens', because, amazingly, I still only have it on VHS and 'Memphis Belle' which I only ever had taped from the telly (and which got ditched in the great post-emigration VHS purge). $6 for the pair. 'Aliens' is still shrink-wrapped.

'Latin America - A Naval History 1810-1987' by Robert L. Scheina. Because for $5 it seemed worth the effort.

Some Dystopian Wars small flyer tokens. You get 30 in a pack, which should be adequate for all of my Aeronef needs.

Three old GW Epic Hellhound flamethrower tanks. I'm not sure which Epic 40K HOTT  army they'll end up in; possibly my Sisters of Battle force.

The obligatory free Freddo that all MOAB attendees get. I still haven't eaten it. Perhaps later ...

And that was it.

2 comments:

  1. A Freddo? My word, that brings back memories. I didn't even realise they were still being produced. Hmmm, wonder if the corner shop has them?

    Nice haul you've got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A Freddo? My word, that brings back memories. I didn't even realise they were still being produced"

    I many ways Australia is still somewhat retro.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...