Friday 4 October 2019

More Blucher

I observed rather than played last night. The game was a small run-through of Blucher, to test some of the house-rules members of our group are playing with. They are designed to speed up the game a little, by increasing the lethality of combat.

Anyway the forces in use were some French with Bavarian allies against a strange Austrian/British alliance. There was no cavalry, as they wanted to just try out infantry firing mechanisms.

The combat was more brutal, but there are some issues with how the changes affect the current game's balance between infantry, artillery and (when we use it) cavalry.

I don't know if anyone else has house-ruled Blucher in any way. Anyone?

Anyway, here's some pretty pictures.






4 comments:

  1. Pictures look great! I think we tinkered a little bit with Boucher, but not with infantry combat which we always found ran very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful armies :)
    At the club down in old Rome, we just abolished the rally.
    I personally was ok with that, but someone thought that, by allowing some recovery, it was harder to kill off units...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The figures looked like they were based for Napoleon's Battles. I've tried Blucher using my NB figures, but apart from Scharnhorst it didn't really excite me.

    However I am considering revisiting it using a hex mat (there is an adaption of Blucher to use hexes). Although now thinking of a simplified NB using hexes (I need something that plays in just a few hours for club nights).

    I did like the look of your game and particularly the casualty markers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...