Monday 21 October 2019

Frocktober 2019 - Part 2

And so the annual Frocktober charity fund-raiser continues. Every year I don dresses in October to raise money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation to do research into detection of, and a cure for, this hideous disease. This year I have once again set myself the target of at least ten different frocks during the month.

This will be a long post with virtually no gaming-related material. So rather than make you read to the end if that's not your thing, here's the link to my donations page: IT HAS POCKETS

Last year I wore a couple of  Laura Ashley frocks, and I trotted a new one out this year. It was a little light and summery for the cold wet day on which I'd chosen to wear it, but I didn't let it stop me - some tights and a denim jacket did the job. Here I am at the Illawarra Festival of Wood (where I got the burls I've been using as hills/islands in the past week).


So here's Frock Four without the jacket.



I'd intended to wear Frock Five later in the month when our club was planning a Waterloo refight - it has a bit of a regency look to it, and I thought with a suitable hat and some gloves would look suitably 1815ish. But the game has been postponed to November, so I decided to simply wear this pretty Tree of Life dress to work instead.



See the brooch? That was another purchase from the Illawarra festival of Wood.


Here's Frock Six. Polka dots seem popular with my followers, so I gave them polka dots.





I got this brooch at Supanova back in June.


In the evening I tried some different makeup. Which brings us to ...


... Frock Seven - a silk and chiffon concoction from Monsoon. I wore this as my post-performance outfit for the Halloween edition of Burlesque basement, at which I was performing as part of a troupe from the Muse School of Burlesque.


There's that makeup again. I'll post pictures of the makeup in context in a future Burlesque Update post. It's ... bewitching.


Anyway, I'm now well on target to do ten frocks this month, so how about a donation, eh?
That link again: IT HAS POCKETS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...