Saturday 17 August 2019

Burlesque Update #9

In my last Update I said that I was taking my solo performance out to shows both here in Wollongong and up in Sydney. A few weeks ago I did the first of these 'independent' shows, at a fundraiser for a local community group. The bill included live music and poetry readings and ... burlesque. One burlesque performance. Mine.

Photographer Aristo Risi captured my few minutes of glory.






A shot from behind the scenes - here I am briefing my daughter on setting up the music, whilst Mrs Kobold, ever the life and soul of a party, reads a book in the background.


It was an interesting, if nerve-wracking, experience doing a performance without either the support of the school or, since it was a 'non-burlesque' event, organisers who were experience in how things work. I made sure they were briefed in how a burlesque performance happens, and it all went smoothly.

My next outing is in a couple of weeks, at the monthly Burlesque In Hand show in Sydney. Here's the poster:


If you're Facebook inclined, I now have a performer page you can Like - Isadora Persano

2 comments:

  1. Well I came to comment on the Scrolls in the last posting but stayed for the Burlesque performance - is there a Clockwork Orange theme or have I misread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no deliberate Clockwork Orange or Cabaret theme - I simply thought the bowler hat added to the Victorian vibe I was after. I should have thought it through better :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...