Thursday 25 July 2019

The Stronghold - Breached!

Despite valiant efforts by the defenders, The Stronghold has been invaded by Indonesian spammers. In order to repel this intrusion I have been forced to deploy full comment moderation*.

So if you submit your thoughts on a post, it may be a little while before you see it at the moment. Indeed in a week or say you may have to wait longer, as I am heading off into the wilderness for a couple of weeks and may not have access to the internet (gasp!).

Sorry for any inconvenience.

*I've had partial moderation for a while, where I approve comments on older posts, as they seemed to be popular targets.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, very sad I had to do the same years ago. It does cut down on people commenting but, not by much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the title I thought this was going to be a scenario. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though It's a pain in the arse, some of the spam I've received has been unintentionally funny - and I've even considered letting the odd one through - just to rip the p*ss out of it.

    Have a good time out there in the wilderness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now there's a HOTT army idea for you, KK - Spammers, viruses, hackers, phishers... the full gamut of Internet bad guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same's happening over at mine. Always have the odd one here or there to delete, but there was a veritable tidal wave from Indonesia yesterday :( So full comment moderation is in effect on HeroPress for the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...