Friday 3 April 2020

Palaeolithic Painting

I've posted loads of pictures of my Palaeo Diet games over the past couple of weeks, but not really done a gallery of the stuff I've assembled for it. This has all been painted in the past three weeks, which for me is an impressive rate of production.

Also they're all figures I had in my unpainted lead pile.

Let's start with the hunters. This is my first group, the blonde ones.


And the second group, with reddish-brown hair. The two groups also have slightly different skin tones.


For each group I did one fire-user, two bow or sling-armed hunters, two with spears and two with clubs or axes. There's also two hounds.

The figures are from Irregular Miniatures. They're 15mm. It's the pack they put together for their 'Tusk' game, which I think was the precursor to Palaeo Diet.


On to the beasts. The grazers are cows from (I think) East Riding Miniatures. They're probably a bit big and bulky for what's intended by herd grazers, but they're all I have. I'd like some other type of animal, so I can have herds of different species on the table, but I'm not sure what to get, from whom or how I'd bulk the order out to make it worth the postage.


Here's the obligatory mammoths - they're MY Miniatures. I think. Again, I may find some other large grazers as an alternative. I have some toy bears that, in a dark room and without my glasses on, would pass for a Diprotodon-type creature.


Apex predators. There's a rather friendly-looking black bear that's a plastic toy I got given years ago. And two giant wolverines, from Amazon Miniatures. I like the wolverines a lot; they painted up very nicely.


Pack predators - most of them are Pendraken 10mm wolves with once Peter Pig wolf thrown in for good measure. As I said in another post, they're a bit small, but I assume that they make up for it with attitude and ferocity.


Finally a couple of terror-birds that I bought for a HOTT army which I've subsequently retired and broken up for other projects. I got them a long time ago, but I seem to recall that they were from Steve Barber.


The paint-job, which is over 20 years old I think, probably needs tidying up, but they'll pass.


Animals Assemble!


(I added four pigs to the final picture. They're my critters and I have no idea who made them)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Somehow I'm reminded of a Carcassonne offshoot, Hunters and Gatherers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really fun collection you've put together.

    I love everything by Nicholas Wright, but I had to pass on this one as I just don't need ANOTHER game/period/collection of minis... Song of Shadows and Dust was my absolute favourite iteration of the Song of... series of games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The fun part is that I had all the figures in various boxes and piles. Although that's the thing with playing HOTT; I have an eclectic and random selection of figures lying around waiting for projects :)

      Delete
    2. Ah! Perfect!

      I was following all the play testing posts on Nic's blog and it does look like a very fun game!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...