Friday 1 November 2019

Frocktober 2019 - Part 3

Strap yourselves in folks, it's going to be a long (but not bumpy) ride.

In Frocktober Part 1 and Frocktober Part 2, I covered the first seven frocks I've worn for this year's charity fundraiser for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation. In this post we're going to do the last batch.

My target this year was the same as for last year - wear a frock on ten days in October, and make sure it was a different frock each time. This year I added the proviso that I wouldn't wear any frock I wore last year. In the end I wore frocks on eleven days last year, and actually wore thirteen different ones.

This year? I managed to wear frocks on not ten, but twelve days. But only one frock a day, so one frock fewer than last year. Still, if you've followed the past two years' worth of Frocktober you'll have seen me in 25 different dresses. And I have more ...

Anyway, on with the frocks.

This is Frock Eight. The weather is warming up here, so light cotton is definately more attractive some days. And you can't get much more attractive than this. I love the pattern on  this dress, and the colours too. It doesn't have pockets though.


I end up taking most of my photos at work in the office, but for variety I took one at lunchtime in a local second-hand bookshop.


Frock Nine saw an equally bold print. This was the choice for what was going to be a long day - a full day at work then straight up to Sydney to watch a burlesque show. So I wanted something that would be suitable for the daytime and which I could dress up for the evening.


Sometimes I do action shots.


So here's the daytime look ...


... and the evening version - I added heels, more makeup and ...


... a petticoat. Oooh La La.


After the show the official photographer took a group shot of Catherine, Maya and myself (Maya still in her performance costume), so that our burlesque teacher could include in in our newsletter and promote our fundraiser. It's a gorgeous photo.


And here we are - Frock Ten. I reached my target on the last weekend of October, dressing for a high-tea organised by the members of another Frocktober team (who, at the time of writing, have raised over $11,000 between them).


How posh is this, eh?


Catherine prefers something plainer, but, like me, went for a magnificent headpiece in order to jazz it up.


So that was ten frocks done, and I still had a few days left in the month. So I kept going.

This is Frock Eleven. I was quite excited to wear it, obviously.



I took this one out to the bookshop as well.


And finally ... Frock Twelve. I post my frock pictures to a group on Facebook, and have a couple of followers who are fans of a nice twirl. So I try to give them one from time to time.



And from work to play - Thursday night is wargaming night, whether I'm in a frock or not.




So that's it for another year. Thank you once again for indulging me in my Frocktober shenanigans, and a special thanks to those of you who have contributed to the fundraiser. If you'd like to make a donation you can do so HERE

4 comments:

  1. The pictures were vgenerally ery flattering to your trim girlish figure, but the second one scared the crap out of me--mainly because I last saw an expression that fanatical on the face of an Arab fellow at Costco. After screaming some non-understandable imprecations against the rest of us, his mother showed up and guided him to one of the tables in the dining area--naturally at the otherwise empty table where I was sitting. She gave him some food and went off to do her shopping. The fellow at least did no more screaming, but as he ate, he stared at the people around him (especially at me) with the same bug-eyed, maniacal expression. I figured I was at ground zero if there was going to be anything unpleasant about to happen. Obviously I was mistaken. My sphincter should unclench any day now.

    Chris Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I looked quite cute in that second one. And at may age that's a hard thing to achieve :-D

      Delete
  2. And it is said that the Bug-eyed Kobolds on the islands of New Denobia in the South pacific think each other quite cute - which is how they get more Bug-eyed Kobolds. But...

    Hey, at least it is for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad my bug-eyed appearence is causing some amusement. It would be more fun if it was backed up by a small donation of course ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...