Saturday 26 May 2018

Whip It!

In an early post about our changes to Munera Sine Missione I said that we had added special rules for whips, rather than simply treating them as a lasso. I have been testing them with a lasso figure up until now, but I decided to convert one of my existing figures to wield a whip instead.

Here she is.


She's called Alba. I can't remember if she's featured on this blog before. I got her a while ago, and she's been painted for years - she's a Shadowforge Viking Berserker. In her original incarnation she had an axe in her right hand, and was raising her shield over her head. This is probably a great pose for a berserker, but looked odd in a gladiator, so I tended to leave her on the sidelines. Now she has a new lease of life, with a whip replacing the axe and a sword replacing the shield. The axe will see a use elsewhere.

She's had a few fights, with mixed results, but I can say for certain that the whip is a fun weapon to use.


Now I just need to find a suitable male figure to arm with one.

Update: Here he is. Rodan is from Castaway Arts, and was originally a retiarius, with a trident in his raised arm and nothing (I guess you were supposed to provide your own net) in his left. The whip was made from wire, whilst the sword is from a batch I 3D-printed last year.



2 comments:

  1. Blimey, I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of those two! Great work BTW 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great, shadowforge do so lovely figures, as monty said, I wouldn't want to upset either of those ladies!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...