Saturday 4 March 2017

Dwarven Stronghold

The other week I showcased my new 28mm Dwarf army for HOTT. At the time it lacked a stronghold, but I have now rectified that omission.

Here it is:


It's the Netherforge Miner King from Thingiverse.


I scaled it up by 30%, and it printed well with no loss of resolution. It's one of the longest prints I've done - over ten hours - and is in nine pieces: the body and the eight arms. It was very easy to assemble, of course.


As strongholds go it's on a base of the absolute minimum size: 200p square. But it's far more interesting than the traditional cave or mine entrance I would have otherwise gone for.


3 comments:

  1. The piece does a nice job of conveying the "mechanically inclined side" of Dwarven life. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...