Monday 4 March 2013

A Man Dressed Like A Bat

Those who know me will know I'm no fan of Batman. Actually I'm no great fan of any of the DC Comics heroes, but there you go.

However I recently came across a set of free  'One Page' (as in two sides of A4) for Batman slugfests, and they looked intriguing.

Here they are:

Batman Miniatures Rules

The mechanisms look fairly straightforward and, although it's aimed at fights involving Batman, his allies and his enemies I suspect that with very little extra work it could be adapted to cover other heroes and villains as well. I have a number of questions about how some bits are supposed to work, but possibly a few games will answer them.

Maybe it could be that superheroes miniatures game I've been looking for (Yes, I've tried Heroclix, Yes, I've tried Supersystem. Didn't get on with either of them. I still need to explore Atomic Super Humans. And I'm looking forward to seeing what Ganesha Games comes up with). I won't get my hopes up too much though.

Anyway, I have in my possession two boxes full of random Heroclix figures, so I hunted through them this evening looking for characters covered by the game. I got a reasonable haul:


Now I just need to set aside some time for a game. I was hoping to play a game tonight, but having spent this evening taxiing my daughter around, finding the figures is about as good as it gets. And I'm otherwise engaged for the next few evenings, unfortunately. It could be a bit of a wait before I get a chance to play.

As for the title of this post, I refer you to the wonderful XKCD.

3 comments:

  1. Why play Batman when you can live the real thing:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-21654930

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any chance these rules are still available anywhere? I just followed the link and it's not longer there, I also tried archive.org but no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I don't seem to be able to find them now either.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...