Wednesday 9 May 2012

Struggle Against Everything And Everybody

I have posted the first draft of my Mexican Revolution rules. There are still bits of them waiting to be written, and bits that are written which need to be properly tested, but I thought that they were at a stage where I am happy to share them. I freely admit that I nicked great swathes of them from Bob Cordery, and thank him for the inspiration his rules and blog have provided me. Anyway, here they are:

Struggle Against Everything And Everybody (Draft 0.1)

Update: About 30 minutes after I posted this, this blog hit 10,000 views. Thank you, everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Kaptain Kobold,

    I really like what you have done with my basic rules. The ideas you have included to make them more period specific seem not only very workable but also in keeping with the simplicity of the original rules.

    I look forward to reading more about your developments as well as your battle reports.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a period I know nothing about, like most of your central and South American wars. Well, not yours personally, but you know what I mean! I feel and Osprey Campaign book needs a purchase...

    When I saw the preview of this post in my feed I thought you had photo shopped your own face into the picture. I was slightly disappointed to see you hadn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Osprey Elite give you a good flavour of the war, and has a nice simple chronology at the start of it which is really helpful when reading other accounts. And even a trawl around Wikipedia will give you accounts of some of the battles which will give you an idea of the scale of the conflict. A lot of wargames-related material tends to concentrate on the Pershing Expedition, which was really a very small part of it.

      Delete
    2. Do you have the Osprey Elite? If so, what's the ISBN? I hate the Osprey books site, and also it might not still be in print.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...