Wednesday 4 September 2024

The Tabletop Tour de France - Part 7

 Catherine and I played two more stages of our Tour de France over the weekend. They were both mountainous and very challenging. 

Stage 14 runs from Pau to St-Lary-Soulan and takes our riders up into the Pyrenees.


You know the drill; red and blue were in the breakaway (although I did try for it myself).


The remainder of the course. There's some long ascents in there, although they are alleviated by some useful descents.


I'm not sure how my pink rouleur ended up at the back, but he did. He never really got into the race. Catherine, however, got her rouleur near the front.


Red and blue dominated, and were out in front and unstoppable from the start.


This was pretty much how it went towards the finish. Red and blue came first and second, whilst Catherine picked up a third place. This helped her rouleur's individual score, but her sprinteur finished behind mine so the actual difference in points was low on a team basis (we both finished on 14 points, in fact).


Oddly enough we ended up burning all of our cards which actually meant we got rid of most of our exhaustion. A good job, since Stage 15, from Loudenvielle to Plateau de Beille was also a tough one.


It also took up a lot of space on the table.


This time the white peloton team was the one that got out in front. I got both of my riders up with them.


The finish. Catherine came second, and I came fourth. The gruppetto managed to finish before a lot of the other riders! Once again both Catherine and I picked up 14 points, but I think her rouleur, 15 points ahead of any other rider on 146 points, is going to be the individual winner.


So we have six stages to go and four teams (White, Blue, Green and Pink) within five points of each other at the top of the table. Catherine is in the lead but I am only one point behind her. There's everything to play for in the final stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...