Saturday 28 January 2023

Ich bin ein Birlinn-er

I knocked off a little bit more painting today, and added some more ships to my Galleys & Galleons collection. These will be used as birlinns, which are galleys from the west coast of Scotland.


They're actually Viking ships I printed off years ago. I painted a couple of them back then - they can be seen in THIS POST - but the rest were pretty poor prints and have just sat in a box for six years.

Anyway, I tidied them up as best I could, painted the ones that needed painting, added oars to them and put them on nice bases. Obviously I can run them as Viking longships, but the birlinns are more in keeping with my other ships. And, to be fair, in their only game to date they were used as Japanese pirate ships.

They're about an inch long, in case you were wondering.


Here's a couple more I painted as ghost-ships back in the day. It seemed like a good idea at the time.


2 comments:

  1. Mark from Thailand28 January 2023 at 17:02

    Nice !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print might be poor. But I think the ripple effect it creates when the sails are painted is nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...