Friday 19 June 2020

Lunchtime HOTT

The nice thing about working from home is that I can fit in a quick game of HOTT at lunchtime. Set-up and played to a conclusion within my lunch-break with time left over to read a couple more chapters of 'Swords of Mars' as well.

(What about lunch? I eat that at my desk whilst I work, but I'm still allowed a one hour break, so ... )

Anyway, I got out the Mound Builders again, but this time they faced the warband-heavy Maya.


The Maya defended.


Both armies advanced. I was in two minds about advancing the Mound Builders too far; possibly sitting between the woods using them as cover for the archers would have been a plan, especially as it would buy time for the Thunder-Bird to turn up. 


The Mound Builders expanded their line once slightly clear of the woods. The Maya closed up to charge range, halting their warbands just outside bow-range. The curs.


The Mound Builders edged forward, fired a mostly ineffectual volley, and then the Maya charged all along the line.


The Maya had a great deal of success on their right, pushing back or destroying the archers there.


Their hero rushed through his army to engage the Great Sun ...


... and drove him back, away from his flank supports.


The Mound Builders kept up a steady fire on the flanks.


But the Maya were in control of the centre, and the Great Sun was isolated ...


... and charged by hordes of warriors.


He went down fighting. The Mound Builders had lost another game.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...