Saturday 10 June 2023

Blocks

Since we moved I have been trying to get back into my regular painting thing that I started this year. I wouldn't say I have managed to paint something every day, but I've managed something most days and am slowly establishing the necessary daily routines required to get back on track.

Anyway, most of this week has been taken up painting wooden blocks. I assumed this would be easy, but it's taken more time than I thought. One batch were the Jenga pieces that I use to mark out tracks in Gaslands. We're demoing the game at a show later this month, so felt that the terrain we use needed an upgrade. Here they are painted grey and weathered a little with some dry-brushing.




Not perfect, but they'll do.

When we moved I found my 1950s Risk set at the bottom of a cupboard. It had suffered irreparable water damage at some point (along with my Gibson Games edition of 'Brittania', sadly), so I had to chuck it, but I kept the wooden blocks that were used for pieces in those days. I had an idea for something, so glued pairs of them together and painted them grey ...


... so that they make perfect small buildings for 'Godzilla: Tokyo Clash', replacing the counters the game uses for these key terrain pieces.

Next up for painting is some more Gaslands terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...