Tuesday 4 January 2022

Daerts

One of the things I quickly realised when I decided that 52 Games  was a viable project was that I was certainly going to end up casting my net wide for things to include. And here I go with game two - my first game of darts of 2022.

I haven't played darts in decades. But we have been watching a lot of 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' recently, and as anyone who's watched it knows, the mid-series bromance between O'Brien and Bashir is very much driven by playing darts in Quark's bar. So my wife thought that it would be fun to buy me a cheap electronic dart-board for Christmas.

I've never owned a dart-board before. Maya and I put it up on Boxing Day in the granny flat (Maya's current home) above one of the cupboards with my figures in (those white boxes each mostly contain a HOTT army).

Maya on the oche!

The board uses soft-tip darts which stick into little holes in the board, and it registers which segment your dart sticks into so it will do all of the scoring for you.


It sounds great, but it's vastly improved by (i) the fact that neither Maya and I really know how to aim and throw darts and (ii) they're so cheap and nasty that the tips are getting bent making the darts fly somewhat less than the version of true they started with.


Look at all of those little holes!


Anyway, we're terrible at darts, but we do now have our own dart-board. Maya has been online and ordered some new soft-tips, which we hope will be an improvement on the ones we currently have. 

Catherine is also crap at darts, but at least has an excuse (an old shoulder injury limits movement in her throwing arm). Maya and I are simply crap.

So there we go. Game Two. Darts.

52 Games - Game 2

5 comments:

  1. It involves a board AND a game, which you could argue makes it a boardgame 😊. Nice one….👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you would find 52 different games. Well played, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm *still* wondering how I'm going to find 52, but I did a skim through my blog and noted that I managed around 40 different games (of varying types) last year without trying too hard, so maybe it's not impossible.

      Delete
  3. I was worried about the HOTT armies until I read the darts were soft-tip! They may be harder to hit the target with, but it beats having lots of little holes in your wall (assuming you miss the target completely as often as i do).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that the darts won't damage the armies - they're pretty tame blunt plastic tips. They do leave small dents in the wall, and we're going to put up a backing in the near future to protect it a little better.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...