Friday 26 March 2021

More Medieval HOTT

Geoff suggested some medieval HOTT for our club-game this week, which was useful since I still had all the figures out from my Swiss vs German DBA games the day before.

He suggested 36AP, so I fielded the Ceidonians at 24AP (with their steam tank and a hero), but gave them 12AP of Swiss allies, fielding the halberd/pike blocks as warband.

Geoff defended with a fairly conventional force of knight and blades, supported by shooters and riders, but including a paladin, a cleric and some artillery. I massed the Swiss in the centre ready for a charge.


Here they come!


Our knights faced off on my right.


The steam tank and my missile troop covered my left, against more of Geoff's knights.


The Swiss charged, and were repulsed, with losses.


And then took more losses. And my knights did badly on my right. In fact I did badly in combats just about everywhere.


Or nearly everywhere. On my left I managed to take out the knight and the shooters there. Geoff attacked my hero with his paladin, but clean and virtuous living didn't win the day over a big sword.


A Geoff rolled forward victorious in the centre, he overlapped and flanked my general and that was the end of the game.


So not an auspicious start to the evening.

We set up a second game, this time at 24AP. Geoff used a similar army to the first one, whereas I basically fielded my Prester John army, but running the man himself as a hero rather than a cleric.


Both of us adjusted our deployments to get the best matchups, although Geoff advanced as well. His outlying riders attacked my ally bowmen, but were cut down.


Emboldened the bowmen cut down an element of knights as well, which is why they are no longer in this picture.


The two lines approached ...


... and met. There was much combat.


Most of the combat was not in my favour.


Including the point where Prester John was outflanked and killed, this giving Geoff a second win.

So that was two wins for Geoff and yet another loss for the unlucky Prester John.

1 comment:

  1. I like your Prester John army. It's an interesting subject for a HotT army. And Elephants and knights look nice together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...